- Ukrainians hold placards as they gather near the US consulate in Kiev. (Photo: AP)
- Ukrainian soldiers guard a gate of an infantry base in Privolnoye, Ukraine. (Photo: AP)
- Heavily-armed troops displaying no identifying insignia and local pro-Russian militants stand guard outside a local government building in Simferopol. (Photo: Getty)
- Orthodox monks pray next to armed servicemen near Russian army vehicles outside a Ukrainian border guard post in Balaclava. (Photo: Reuters)
- A wounded supporter of Ukraine’s new government after clashes with pro-Russian protesters in central Kharkiv. (Photo: Reuters)
#USArmy Command Sergeant Major Basil Plumley, 50+ year combat veteran of WWII, Korea, and Vietnam. He fought only with a Colt 1911 because he believed the M16 had too much plastic and not enough wood and steel. Among his many accomplishments, he led a bayonet charge against enemy forces outnumbering his unit 5 to 1 in the Ia Drang Valley, killing over twenty-five communist soldiers. He died October 12, 2012 at the age of 92.
Tumblr Fails.net - If you captured your life in snapshots